Chicago White Sox Opening Home Series Advisory04/06/2011 9:47 AM ET
The Chicago White Sox are making the following recommendations to fans attending Opening Series games against the Tampa Bay Rays:
- First pitch of Opening Day, presented by U.S. Cellular, is Thursday, April 7 at 1:10 p.m.; the second game of the series is Friday, April 8 at 7:10 p.m.; the third game of the series in Saturday, April 9 at 3:10 p.m.; and the series finale is Sunday, April 10 at 1:10 p.m.
- Thursday's home opener is sold out. Tickets for the remainder of the weekend are available at the White Sox ticket office at U.S. Cellular Field, online at whitesox.com, through Ticketmaster phone lines at (866) SOX-GAME.
- The White Sox strongly recommend that fans utilize public transportation. The CTA Red Line stops near the ballpark at 35th Street, and the Green Line is two blocks further east at 35th Street.
- New this year is a Metra stop at 35th Street, just east of the Dan Ryan Expressway, along the Rock Island line. Metra will increase its service on game days to accommodate White Sox fans. For weekday afternoon games, an extra outbound train will leave the station after the final out. For weekday evening games, Train 531 (departing LaSalle St. at 11:15 p.m.) will have more cars, and an extra outbound all-stop train will operate about 30 minutes after the last out. For weekend games, an inbound extra train will arrive at the station about an hour before the first pitch, and an outbound extra will operate about 30 minutes after the final out. For more information about the new Metra stop, its schedule and all public transportation options, please visit the "Getting to U.S. Cellular Field" page of whitesox.com
- Gates to the ballpark open two hours before the start time of the Opening Day game and one and one half hours before the rest of the weekend games.
- Also new at U.S. Cellular Field this season is the Bacardi at the Park restaurant near Gate 5 of U.S. Cellular Field. The restaurant will be open to the public on Opening Day at 5 a.m., with media outlets broadcasting live from the venue. A breakfast buffet, coffee and soft drinks will be served until 9 a.m. when regular food and beverage service will commence. Fans wishing to attend the broadcasts should park in Lot A. Bacardi at the Park will open at 11 a.m. on the day of all home games the remainder of the season.
- Parking lots open three hours before the start time of the Opening Day game and two hours before the Friday-Sunday games. Fans holding reserved parking coupons should display the coupons prominently as they approach the ballpark.
- Prepaid red coupons are accepted in Lots A, B, C and G, and prepaid green coupons are accepted in Lots F and L only. Cash parking will be very limited when lots open (Lots G, F and L; Lot A in the early morning only). Fans seeking cash parking should follow directional signs to available lots. Cash parking is $23.
- Fans planning to park and take the CTA downtown to work in the morning can park in Lot A (cash parking) starting at 5 a.m. This option is for fans returning to the ballpark for the game. Lot A is accessible from Wentworth Avenue between 33rd and 35th Streets. Tailgating will not be allowed in Lot A on Opening Day until three hours before the start of the game, when the rest of the parking lots open.
- Free shuttle service will be available on Opening Day from parking lots at 31st Street and Moe Drive (ONLY if all cash lots are filled at the ballpark).
- Fans holding tickets for the upper level will not be able to access other levels of the ballpark this season. This policy ensures fans safely and comfortably enjoy the game with access to the areas of the ballpark where they bought tickets.
- In accordance with the Illinois law, smoking is prohibited in all areas of U.S. Cellular Field. There is a designated smoking area outside of Gate 2 and Gate 5. Those fans wishing to smoke must proceed to the ground level at the base of the ramps at Gate 2 and Gate 5.
- White Sox car flags will be given to all fans at Thursday's game, courtesy of U.S. Cellular. Magnetic White Sox season schedules from Pepsi will be given to all fans at each of the next three home games.
- Lot B at Gate 5 of the ballpark is designated for cars displaying state-issued disability placards or license plates. In addition, any guests in need of assistance will be allowed by ballpark personnel to be dropped off and/or picked up in Lot B. Fans will have access to Lot B and Gate 5 (located north of the ballpark; across 35th Street) via 33rd Street.
- Alcohol cannot be taken from the park or consumed on public ways, in observation of city regulations.
- Finally, the White Sox ask fans to be respectful of the neighborhood and homes surrounding the ballpark before and after games.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.