Monday, May 4 - Special Olympics Chicago Spring Games Opening Ceremony
8:30 am - 2:30 pm
- The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities
- Opening Ceremonies volunteers at 2015 Spring Games (Soldier Field) will help with the procession of the athlete parade
- 50 slots open for Volunteer Corps
- Click here to register for Special Olympics
Saturday, May 9 - City Year Chicago's 2015 White Sox Service Event
On Saturday, May 9, City Year Chicago and the White Sox Volunteer Corps will come together for a powerful day of service at Elliott Donnelley Youth Center (EDYC) in the Bronzeville community. EDYC, a Chicago Youth Centers neighborhood center, is located at 3947 S. Michigan Ave in Chicago. Our service work at the site will include painting, light construction and landscaping, and human service projects.
Volunteer registration starts at 7:30 a.m. and the service day concludes with a Closing Ceremony at 3:00 p.m. Registration is now open and we need your help in reaching our goal of 200 volunteers. To be a part of this day of service, Corps members must sign up in advance by submitting an online volunteer registration form. For more information including times, project details and registration steps for May 9, please click here.
Sunday, May 10 - Susan G. Komen Chicago Mother's Day Race
6:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Susan G. Komen fights breast cancer through funding programs and education
- Mother's Day Race for the Cure (Butler Field/Grant Park) volunteers will help at the finish line of the race
- 10 slots open for Volunteer Corps
- Click here to register for the Komen Mother's Day Race