Following is an update on Chicago White Sox pitcher John Danks:
Danks underwent two MRIs on Monday, one with contrast and one without contrast, at Midwest Orthopedics at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago.
- The studies were conducted and evaluated by Dr. Greg Nicholson of Midwest Orthopedics.
- Results revealed a mild Grade 1 strain of the subscapularis muscle in his left shoulder.
- Tests show no tendon or ligament damage, and his labrum is intact.
- The strain has shown improvement from the previous MRI he underwent on May 23.
- After resting today and tomorrow, Danks will begin a rehabilitation and strengthening program on Friday under the supervision of White Sox Head Athletic Trainer Herm Schneider.
- The Sox will monitor his status with further diagnostic studies in the coming week.
- Danks tentatively will begin another rehabilitation assignment in the next 3-4 weeks.