Red Sox Press Release
Red Sox Foundation Announces Auction Items for 8th Annual Picnic in the Park Fundraiser
September 1 Auction Includes Pitching Lessons from Buchholz and Uehara, Fielding Lessons from Jonny Gomes, and a Birthday Party at Fenway Park with Daniel Nava as a Guest
BOSTON, MA - The Red Sox Foundation announced auction items for the 2013 Picnic in the Park fundraiser presented by Ace Ticket taking place on Sunday, September 1 at Fenway Park. The auction includes pitching lessons with Clay Buchholz and Koji Uehara, fielding lessons with Jonny Gomes off the Green Monster, a private tour of the Red Sox clubhouse with Ryan Dempster, and hitting lessons with Manager John Farrell and bench coach Torey Lovullo.
Fans attending the event will enjoy a BBQ picnic on the field at Fenway Park with picnic bags courtesy of Home Goods, a chance to get autographs from current Red Sox players, and the opportunity to bid on unique items and experiences during the live auction. For those unable to attend the fundraiser in person, a bid by proxy is possible.
Mike O'Malley, the star in NBC's new fall comedy "Welcome to the Family," will host the event, and Nicole Nelson, who appeared on this season of "THE VOICE," will be on hand to perform.
Auction items for this year's Picnic in the Park include:
- A voicemail message for your phone recorded by Dustin Pedroia, and a meet-and-greet for four people with the Red Sox second baseman.
- A hitting lesson with Red Sox Manager John Farrell and bench coach Torey Lovullo at Fenway Park for two children between 7 and 18 years old.
- Two tickets to join Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino ringside for the Ultimate Fight Championship in Boston on Saturday, August 17 at the TD Garden.
- A pitching lesson with Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz prior to a Red Sox game at Fenway Park for a child between 7 and 18 years old. Red Sox catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be the catcher.
- Two pit and garage passes for NASCAR race weekend at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway September 20 through 22. Guests will view the race with the pit crew and have lunch with one of the Roush Fenway Racing teams.
- Pitching and high five lessons from Red Sox closer Koji Uehara for four people at Fenway Park prior to a Red Sox home game.
- A meet-and-greet with Red Sox Designated Hitter David Ortiz for four people before batting practice prior to a Red Sox home game.
- Spanish lessons with Felix Doubront for four people at Fenway Park prior to a Red Sox regular season home game.
- A birthday party in a Fenway Park suite for 10 children (between the ages of 7 and 13) and two adults with Red Sox outfielder Daniel Nava as the special guest.
- The opportunity to shadow NESN's Red Sox reporter Jenny Dell during a Red Sox home game, and attend John Farrell's daily press briefing, the NESN production meeting, pre-game player interviews, and Jenny's live news hits for the pre-game show.
- A 90 minute massage by Red Sox Massage Therapist Russell Nua at Fenway Park.
- Fielding lessons with Red Sox outfielder Jonny Gomes off the Green Monster for a child between 7 to 18 years old.
- A private tour of the Red Sox clubhouse for four with Red Sox pitcher Ryan Dempster.
Picnic in the Park will be held one hour after the conclusion of the 1:35 p.m. Red Sox-White Sox game on Sunday, September 1. Tickets, information on the auction items, and details on how to make a bid by proxy are available at redsox.com/picnic.
The annual charitable fundraiser is hosted by the Red Sox players and their wives and benefits two of the Red Sox Foundation's charitable programs - the Red Sox Scholars program and the Red Sox RBI and youth baseball program.