Indians Press Release
Cleveland Indians encourage fans to 'Rock Your Red' for Wild Card Game, plan festivities for pregame Wednesday at Progressive Field
Indians play host to Tampa Bay or Texas in American League Wild Card game
The Cleveland Indians are encouraging fans to "Rock Your Red" on Wednesday at Progressive Field as the team makes its first Postseason appearance since 2007.
The Indians play host to the Tampa Bay Rays or Texas Rangers on Wednesday in the American League Wild Card game, with first pitch scheduled for 8:07PM ET. The game will be broadcast nationally on TBS.
The game is sold out, and Tribe fans are encouraged to wear red clothing to support the club as it pushes for a spot in the American League Division Series. In addition, each fan will receive a white rally towel, courtesy of Progressive Insurance.
"Our players have said repeatedly that our fans' passion drives them on the field," said Indians President Mark Shapiro. "Let's 'Rock our Red' on Wednesday to push them to a Wild Card victory and show the nation that this is a Tribe Town!"
Pregame festivities include band, radio remotes outside Progressive Field
The Indians will have a number of festivities for fans prior to Wednesday's game.
Former Tribe slugger Andre Thornton, a four-time All-Star and Indians Hall of Famer, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before the game.
Other festivities include:
- Veteran local singer Dan Polk will sing the National Anthem
- One, a U2 Tribute band, will play on Gateway Plaza beginning at 5:30PM
- Budweiser will bring its Build-A-Bar to Gateway Plaza, where fans over the age of 21 can enjoy Budweiser products up until game time. The bar opens at 4:30PM.
- SportsTime Ohio's "All Bets Are Off," hosted by Bruce Drennan, will broadcast live from Gate C plaza (near the Bob Feller statue) from 5PM-8PM
- The "Mike Trivisonno Show" will broadcast live from the Champion Windows Studio inside Progressive Field from 3PM-6PM on Wednesday.
- WMMS' "The Alan Cox Show" will broadcast live from the corner of Rally Alley and Gateway Plaza from 3-7:30PM
All Gates for the Wild Card Game, which is a sellout, will open at 6PM. The Indians encourage fans to be in their seats early to see all the pre-game festivities.