Medicines for Humanity
Did you know that in the Dominican Republic...
- One out of 10 children dies before their fifth birthday;
- 20 percent of children are severely malnourished;
- Just 16 percent of the children receive vitamin A;
- Nearly every child suffers from intestinal parasites.
|Medicines for Humanity provides medicine and vitamins to children in San Pedro de Marcoris in the Dominican Republic. (MLBPA)
That's why Medicines for Humanity, the international healthcare organization, is dedicated to supplying vital life-saving medicine to thousands of people, especially kids, throughout the Dominican Republic.
That is also why the Players Trust has contributed $472,900 to help Medicines for Humanity's Dominican Republic healthcare programs.
To date, with the assistance of the Players Trust, Medicines for Humanity has:
- Purchased life-saving medicines at a fraction of their U.S. wholesale cost;
- Distributed medicines valued at more than $3 million;
- Provided more than 229,000 treatments for parasites and vitamin A deficiency to more than 68,000 patients;
- Purchased a desperately needed X-ray machine and sonogram equipment for prenatal care;
- Trained more than 110 local women as healthcare promoters to educate others about basic health and hygiene;
- A donation to the Players Trust can support Medicines for Humanity programs in the Dominican Republic or in other impoverished regions.